Switch to full style
hardware, software, tech support, its all here
Post a reply

Wireless Router

Sun May 12, 2013 4:39 pm

Gonna slowly dump Time Warner's equipment (that I rent) and get my own. Can someone reccomend a good wireless router for a 1500 sq ft apartment.

Re: Wireless Router

Sun May 12, 2013 5:44 pm

What is your price range?

I personally like Linksys and Asus routers, and there are some nice 802.11AC routers that are coming down in price out there now. Most are around $160-$200.

Sun May 12, 2013 5:56 pm

Looking for a sheap router that does good things. I know, I know, so is everyone. I don't need amazing, just something that can do wireless N and configure easily.

Sun May 12, 2013 7:40 pm

I personally like Linksys. Fairly easy setup and I'm on 1/4 acre lot and pick it up fine everywhere inside and out.

Sun May 12, 2013 9:26 pm

Yeah, I'd go linksys - setup is a snap and they make damn good products.

I currently have a linksys ea4500, and like it quite a bit. There is a free app that let's you manage router settings remotely via your mobile device. Great for locking out your children's computer or gaming console if you don't want them on. :twisted:

It's $112 on Amazon atm.

Fri May 17, 2013 4:44 pm

i recommend asus, best bang for you buck and you can flash to firmware to ddwrt if you want and they perform good, linksys previously was ok but now that they were bought out by belkin cant say how good they are now,

i use and $39 wireless n router from asus and works great in my 1500sqf apt that has metal framing and block construction and all the port for xbox,ps and most games on pc are open already
Post a reply